Inaugural Western Cape Air Cargo Conference 2023 – Wesgro
- Wrenelle Stander, CEO, Wesgro
- Alderman James Vos, MCC Economic Growth, City of Cape Town
- Rashid Toefy, Deputy Director General: Economic Operations Department of Economic Development and Tourism, Western Cape Government
- Devlyn Naidoo (Key Note Speaker), Executive: SARs & OGAs, South African Association of Freight Forwarders (SAAFF)
- David King, Project Manager, Cape Town Air Access – Wesgro
- Garth van der Horst, Chief Trade and Investment Officer, Wesgro
- Panel Discussion Moderated by: Paul van den Brink | Aviation Liaison, Cape Town Air Access – Wesgro
With the following Panellists:
– Charles Shilowa | Group Executive Strategy & Sustaiblilty ACSA
– Dr. Andre Schulz | Head of Region Middle East, Africa, South Asia & CIS, Lufthansa Cargo
– Julia Kganyago | Head of Airfreight South Africa, DHL Global Forwarding
– Terry Gale | Chairman, Exporters Western Cape
The inaugural Western Cape Air Cargo Conference 2023 was a resounding success, bringing together crucial air cargo value chain stakeholders for insightful discussions and engaging networking opportunities. Despite being delayed due to the COVID pandemic, the event exceeded expectations and highlighted the importance of the air cargo industry in the Western Cape. We were honoured to participate in the conference and have our Chairman, Terry Gale, as part of the insightful Panel Discussion: Air Cargo Competitiveness in the Western Cape.
The conference had several key objectives, including creating awareness about the Western Cape air cargo landscape and providing attending airlines with a platform to showcase their air cargo offerings. The event facilitated engagement with air cargo industry stakeholders such as freight forwarders, exporters, and shippers and provided airlines with opportunities to facilitate business development via networking with everyone in attendance.
The Western Cape Air Cargo Conference proved to be an excellent platform for attendees to share insights, explore opportunities for collaboration, and learn about the latest industry trends. The success of the event sets a high bar for future conferences and positions the Western Cape as a hub for air cargo industry growth.